- To make sure Wave works with Live, navigate to the top left corner of your screen to Live → Preferences → Link MIDI. Make sure Wave (Bluetooth) has Track and Remote toggled on.
- In Softwave solo the function you want to map. Make sure your function has a dedicated CC number or Note.*
- In Live navigate to MIDI in the top right corner, shortcut cmd+m (Mac) or ctrl+m (Windows).
- Select the parameter you want to map.
- Depending on which type of function you are mapping, move, tap or click on Wave to make the link.
- Press MIDI again in Live. De-Solo the function. You should have mapped a function to a parameter in Live successfully.
- Repeat for other functions.
* In order to map functions from Softwave to Ableton Live you need to attach a MIDI CC number to the function.
You can assign any CC number, but make sure each function has an individual number.
Softwave uses this number to communicate with your DAW.
- PB (Pitchbend) to Tilt, Pan, Roll and Vibrato.
- Notes (C, C#, D, E, F etc.) when using the Tap function.
- Notes and Key commands/Shortcuts (cmd+T, R, f12 etc.) when using the Click function.