In the Video Call mode Wave acts as a remote for your most used video meeting applications, such as Zoom and Teams.
Wave shows you when you're muted by displaying an "M" icon on its screen and allows you to use the Push-To-Talk feature when holding the middle button.
In the unlikely event that you have two video call applications open at the same time, Wave will control the software you opened first.
Mute - Zoom and Teams
Mutes your microphone in the selected video application. An "M" icon on Wave indicates when you are on mute.
Raise Hand - Zoom and Teams
Allows you to use the "Raise Hand" feature.
Camera on/off - Zoom and Teams
Turns your computer's camera on and off.
Push to Talk - Zoom and Teams
Enables the "Push to Talk" feature while you hold down the Middle button on Wave.
Volume - Computer audio
Lets you adjust the volume by holding the Middle button on Wave and rotating your hand.
Custom - All programs
Lets you customize each button with keyboard shortcuts.
Other applications can be controlled by choosing "custom" and assigning keyboard shortcuts manually
Customizing the buttons
The default settings can easily be customized.
- Click the action you want to change. For example "Raise Hand".
Select a new action from the list.
- To add a keyboard shortcut select "Custom". A pulsing button appears that reads "Press key". Type the keyboard shortcut on your keyboard you wish to use.
- To create a custom display for your keyboard shortcut click the heart icon to the right.
- Draw in a new icon that fits your keyboard shortcut by clicking the black and white dots with your mouse cursor. The black dots indicate the lights that will be visible. When finished click "Apply".
- You're all set. In this example, every time you click the upper button, it now sends "cmd+Z" to your computer, and when you do, Wave's display shows a "Z" to indicate you've pressed the button.